By Chuck Sudo on Aug 2, 2007 11:00PM
- The Illinois Appellate Court ruled the city is not liable for negligence in the 2003 Lincoln Park porch collapse.
- Hollinger Inc., the majority shareholder in Sun-Times Media Group, has taken control of the board, leading to speculation that it's stepping up efforts to sell the Bright One.
- William Heirens, the state's longest-serving prison inmate at over sixty years, was denied parole this morning by unanimous decision. Because of Heirens' health issues, he won't have to wait three years for another hearing.
- The story to watch from Bears training camp? Kyle Orton's looking impressive.
- A battle for control of two of Chicago's hottest nightclubs is piquing the interest of U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald.
- The rats are done testifying at the Family Secrets Trial. Now it's time to hear from the molls.
- Healthy food at the golden arches. Nope. Just another snack wrap.
- Free liquor on Amtrak (some restrictions apply).
- Conrad Black remains free on bail (some restrictions apply).
"Oasis" courtesy of afunkydamsel.