By Chuck Sudo on Aug 3, 2007 10:00PM
- Say hello to Cuppy's. Another coffee chain opens its first Chicago location.
- Taking parenting advice from Britney Spears, a 26-year-old woman left her kids in the car with the windows up and hot air blowing while she went to Cook County Criminal Court on the south side.
- Oak Park/River Forest High School alumni Charles Simic was named poet laureate by the Library of Congress.
- Keep drinking your beer, Cubs fans. Carlos Zambrano left today's game in the sixth inning with heat-related leg cramps.
- His Elective Majesty calls a mulligan in his hunt for a new police superintendent, asks for a nationwide search to replace Phil Cline.
- A judge orders politically connected building owners to prove that they didn't just paint over mold and feces in a building they own in Old Town.
- Is that a snake in your pants, or are you just happy to see us? It's a snake in your pants.
- Condos near Midway Airport? Not on Alderman Michael Zalewski's watch.
- Little Leaguers on the Near West Side could lose their playing field this month.
- A campaign fundraiser for Alderman Manny Flores' bid for Congress (sponsored by a developer who started tearing down historic buildings on Division and Ashland) was abruptly cancelled.
- Columbia College Chicago announces its Green Design Curriculum.
"Looking Down" courtesy of Mister Bucket's Party Time.