Extra Extra: The "Make Your Own Captions For the Photo" Edition
By Chuck Sudo on Aug 10, 2007 10:30PM
- Dick Devine's current term as Cook County State's Attorney will be his last.
- The city is placing the search for a new Police Superintendent in the hands of a highly respected D.C. think-tank.
- Good news and bad news on the historic preservation front.
- Four men are charged with robbing Miami Heat forward Antoine Walker last month.
- A federal bankruptcy judge extended an order of protection to Hollinger Inc., protecting its interest in Sun-Times Media Group from creditors.
- A land developer is claiming city attorneys are playing hardball with him regarding a Bridgeport land deal.
- The parents of two students who were refused requests for a bathroom break have filed a lawsuit against the Chicago Public School system and the teacher who refused the request.
- After suffering injuries from being placed in a headlock and having his camcorder taken away from him by some meathead sound tech named "Jimbo," 49-year-old Jim Volpe got to meet his hero: Ted Nugent.
- Stay classy, CBS 2: the Tiffany network-owned station posted a 31 percent decrease in viewership for its 10 p.m. newscast since last year. How bad is that? Fox 32's "The Ten" beats CBS 2 in the 18-49 viewer demographic. They didn't help themselves with the double whammy of demoting their most likable anchor from the newscast and its salacious editing and airing of the Amy Jacobson tape.
"Tall Ship in Lake Michigan" courtesy of DGQuoVadimus.