Extra Extra: "That's a Pretty Building for a Prison" Edition
By Chuck Sudo in News on Aug 13, 2007 11:30PM
Here are some newsworthy items to dwell on while we still wonder why Karl Rove can't leave now.
- The Mercantile Exchange cuts 380 jobs as it continues its merger with the Board of Trade.
- St. Sabina's roof is in disrepair, forcing services to their school auditorium.
- A fire that killed a mother and two children in Naperville this weekend was set by the mother.
- Lakeshore Athletic Club is closing its 441 N. Wabash location at the end of September.
- Several trendy fashion stores are targeting the Magnificent Mile for new store locations.
- A trusted worker for a West Town dog-care business was busted for robbing her customers.
- As if the looming dual threats of service cuts and fare hikes weren't enough, the CTA now says some of its bridges need repair in the wake of the I-35 bridge collapse.
- Michelle Obama says "enough with the 'black enough' talk."
- The Kansas City Chiefs sign Rush star Bobby Sippio.
- The oldest African-American softball league (they play 16-inch softball ... with gloves) convenes at Washington Park every Sunday.
- Tomato, tomahto. "Joey the Clown" Lombardo's attorney says he isn't a mobster; he's a hustler.
"trio b&@" courtesy of Pam Morgan.