Extra Extra: A Quick Game of 9-Ball
By Chuck Sudo in Miscellaneous on Aug 16, 2007 10:30PM
Here are some other news items of note while we're at Millennium Park enjoying Muhal Richard Abrams and Reginald Robinson:
- The U.S. attorney's office has joined an ongoing Cook County probe into the rogue actions of an elite squad of the Chicago Police Department .
- Blue Line passengers can expect (more) delays starting this weekend.
- The sculptor who created Berwyn's spindle claims that the shopping plaza where it sits is "prostituting" the sculpture under the guise of saving it.
- That city census that claimed there were only 24 homeless people downtown? It was only conducted in a twelve-block-area.
- A Cook County judge granted a new sentencing hearing for a man serving time for acting as an accomplice to a quadruple murder, when the man authorities said did the actual killing is free.
- Two men were charged in the defacing of the Gold Star Families and Memorial Park honoring police killed in the line of duty.
- Sara Lee posts fourth-quarter profits across all its brands.
- An unidentified relative of Hans Peterson, alleged in the murder of Dr. David Cornbleet, also claims that Peterson's acne medication changed his personality.
- How did Illinois Democrats behave during "Unity Day" at the Illinois State Fair? Like two parents staying together for the sake of the kids.
- A composite sketch was released of a possible suspect in several of the recent attacks on women on the North side.
"Chris's" courtesy of The New No. 2.