Extra Extra: "You'll Turn Into a Prune" Edition
By Chuck Sudo in Arts & Entertainment on Aug 20, 2007 10:30PM
Here are some other newsworthy items on the day the earth stole Heaven.
- A Southern Baptist Church in Romeoville had problems with their divorced pastor remarrying, but turned the other cheek when they allowed another preacher/convicted sex offender to become more involved in church business. Both resigned last week.
- A local plastic surgeon was reprimanded by North Carolina authorities for unprofessional conduct when a woman seeking laser hair removal died undergoing treatment at a clinic he supervised.
- An outburst in court won't help Frank Calabrese, Sr.'s case.
- Chicago Public Schools CEO Arne Duncan is doing the hard sell for first-day attendance...
- while a new payroll system implemented by CPS has shorted or failed to issue checks for hundreds of teachers and other staff.
- Two teenagers were charged with vandalizing a North Side mosque.
- An two-week-old infant boy was abandoned on the steps of a Southwest Side home Sunday night.
- Ken Nordine's Word Jazz blog and podcast (via)
- Budweiser and Clamato. 'Nuff said.
- Tribune Company shareholders prepare to meet tomorrow to approve Sam Zell's offer to buy the company. But some have doubts about whether the deal will hold.
"2007-07-20 - WalkAbout_054" courtesy of Absinthe-N-Me.