Extra Extra: "Downright Nucular"
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Aug 21, 2007 11:00PM
Here are some other newsworthy items to ponder while we slap some Tiger Balm on our knees. Serves us right for riding our bikes to Morgan Park and back.
- Even when being deported, Elvira Arellano can't stop talking.
- She also got to see her 8-year-old son, Saul, before leaving. He's staying with his
- The "cell-phone bandit?" Now that's a robber with a gimmick.
- Bond for two men accused of robbing former Bull Eddy Curry was set at $5 million each.
- The burglary trial of former U of I football player Derrick McPhearson was delayed when a newspaper mentioned evidence that his attorneys hadn't seen.
- Scrap metal hounds and dumbasses using empty kegs as furniture are gonna make us pay more for draft beer.
- The proposed expansion of O'Hare Airport is being held up by a few holdout homeowners in Bensenville.
- Nine people were arrested after a three-month investigation of an open-air drug market in the Gold Coast.
- All this rain is bringing out mosquitoes, punny headline editors.
- Mayor Daley orders high-paid city staff to take another unpaid day off.
"Blanket" courtesy of p2wy.