Extra Extra: "Make it (Stop) Rain" Edition
By Chuck Sudo in Miscellaneous on Aug 23, 2007 11:00PM
As the week winds down, here are some things of note while we go out and find a fuck lion.
- Mayor Daley presses Springfield to approve a sales tax increase for the Chicago area to stave off the proposed Doomsday scenarios of CTA and Pace.
- Bank of America’s pending acquisition of LaSalle Bank could cost the metropolitan Chicago area over 10,000 jobs over the next two years when completed.
- Chicago Public School teachers voted against a strike authorization Wednesday.
- More Bats! With!! RABIES!!!
- Talk about a “money shot”: A Rogers Park resident riding a bike while carrying a gun in his waistband accidentally shot himself in the ding-ding. He’s now recovering while a $60K bond was placed on him for unlawful use of a weapon.
- Playboy launches a networking site for college students; everyone claims Hef as a “friend.”
- Check out the construction projects affecting the Red, Blue, and Brown lines.
- A building exploded on the South Side this morning.
- Family Secrets Trial Update: A Chicago police officer denied he understood the code Frank Calabrese, Sr. was saying to him over twenty years ago.
- The Ballad of Big Pun and Thirsty.
"Another Stormy Night" courtesy of Joe M500.