Extra Extra: "Captions Written by Trained Monkeys" Edition
By Chuck Sudo in Arts & Entertainment on Aug 24, 2007 10:30PM
- Buckingham Fountain is slated to undergo a complete overhaul in autumn 2008.
- Near West Side businesses get $1.5 million in TIF money intended for keeping manufacturing jobs in the area.
- Does Manny Flores have the constitution to run against Luis Gutiérrez? He's not talking.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, or the cost of a ticket for running a red light. Stop light camera footage will be available online.
- Bicycle retailers rejoice! CTA officials warn of even worse service cuts and fare hikes next year if the doomsday scenario takes effect.
- Michael Miner airs some of the dirty laundry that led to Creative Loafing's purchase of the Reader.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois threatens to drop Rush University Medical Center from its network.
- The head of the Police Department's scandal-plagued Special Operations Section was replaced Thursday.
- "You're a brave woman, Hixx." Former Chicagoist-a Margaret Hicks and her boyfriend are eatng their way through every salad available at Merchandise Mart.
- Barack Obama may not have a plan for universal health care, but he's got some hops.
"Storm Watch 5" courtesy of sfmoe.