The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Aug 24, 2007 3:00PM
- Might as well start this week's installment off by pointing out that Taste of Greece is happening this weekend in Greektown. Half of us (the paternal half) is excited about this. The festival runs from noon until 11 p.m. tomorrow and Sunday.
- If you are heading to Greektown this weekend, consider attending Alexa Ganakos' Greektown in All Its Glory lecture at the Chicago History Museum before going, sponsored by the Culinary Historians of Chicago. The cost is $5; $3 for students; free for members.
- The Fire Side Restaurant is hosting a brewmaster dinner tomorrow, starting at 2 p.m. The featured brewery: New Holland. Brewery co-owner and "beervangelist" Fred Bueltmann will be on hand to answer questions. Cost is $50.
- Art of Play Chicago's "Playing With Your Food" event encourages attendees to use the techniques of professional food artists to create art from food. The free event runs from noon until 4 p.m. Sunday at the Cultural Center.
- Pops for Champagne is hosting a tasting of Champagne Henriot Wednesday from 5 - 7 p.m. Cost is $10.
Provenance Food and Wine's second annual Summer Sale runs from noon through 9 p.m. Wednesday. Items throughout the store will be marked down 10 - 25%.
- To round out a Mediterranean-themed week, Swirl Wine Bar on West Hubbard has a four course "Flavors of the Mediterranean" dinner Wednesday from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Cost is $55 per person.