By Jocelyn Geboy in News on Sep 6, 2007 4:11AM
- One person is dead and three others are injured after a collision between a car and a Chicago Transit Authority bus. The car hit the bus at a high rate of speed after midnight.
- Our second favorite ex-President, Bill Clinton went on the Oprah show (aired on Tuesday) and downplayed his role in the presidential campaign of his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton. We'd be happy to have him as a first hubby.
- Walgreen Co. said sales rose a solid 10.3 percent in August, reflecting a combination of growth in existing stores and expansion in the number of Walgreen outlets. The use of generics are keeping their potential growth down (boo hoo), but pharmacy transactions made up two-thirds of their sales! (Remember when some of them sold liquor?)
- Spend the money, dummies! BP could keep pollution discharges at its northwest Indiana oil refinery at current levels even after the plant's $3.8 billion expansion by spending $40 million on new technology, a report suggests.
- What? Voter fraud? In Chicago? Ald. Bernard Stone (50th) said Tuesday that the city's inspector general is investigating absentee ballots cast in the election earlier this year that returned him to the City Council for a 10th term in a probe that Stone contended "is occurring all over the city of Chicago."
"Untitled" by e.q.