By Jocelyn Geboy in News on Sep 12, 2007 2:14AM
- They didn't coerce anyone out of this one -- Chicago mob kingpins guilty in decades of crime. And a relative of a mob murder victim wasted no time applauding the guilty verdicts in the Family Secrets case.
- Signed, sealed, can't be delivered --Heavy rain forced Stevie Wonder to cancel his concert Monday at the Charter One Pavilion on Northerly Island. It was rescheduled for tonight.
- David Letterman and Oprah are BFF now.
- Screw The Demon; there's something more frightening to worry about at Six Flags. OSHA did a comphrensive investigation and found employee exposure to lead, formaldehyde, blood-borne pathogens, and methylene chloride. They were also fined approximately $200,000.
- Chicago Teachers Union members Monday approved a 5-year contract that gives them a 4 percent increase each year and a freeze on insurance costs for three years.
- Just nine months after the murder of a Loop dermatologist, a man who identified himself on an Internet forum as Hans Peterson wrote that he believed there would be no justice in the legal system for the makers of Accutane, a drug he blamed for his loss of sexual enjoyment and persistent ringing in the ears. There have also been unrelated lawsuits about Accutane that claim that it causes depression and suicide.
"City Farm" by nailtechnician