The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Sep 28, 2007 3:30PM
Or, since this will be an Oktoberfest-intensive installment, "Das Freitagsbüfett." Most of these are around the general vicinity of Lincoln Park, Lake View, and Wrigleyville.
- Things kick off this evening with St. Alphonsus' Sixth Annual Oktoberfest Chicago. Admission is $5, or free if you RSVP at going.com/oktoberfestchicago.
- First St. Paul's Evangelical Lutheran Church hosts their Oktoberfest Saturday from 5-10 p.m. Cost is $20 ($15 for seniors, $10 for children under 12).
- St. Michael in Old Town's annual Oktoberfest runs Sunday from noon-5 p.m.
- Murphy's Bleachers will be the setting for East Lake View Neighbor's Oktoberfest, Sunday from 3-7 p.m. Cost is $20 in advance, $25 day-of, and they'll be roasting a pig.
- ELVN's Oktoberfest isn't the only one with a pig roast. Lynfred Winery hosts their annual Oktoberfest, pig roast and grape stomp tomorrow and Sunday. Admission is free, but food and drink tickets are available for $1 each.
- Homebrewer's Pride of the South Side's annual Oktoberfest will be held tomorrow from 3-8 p.m. at the Bridgeport VFW Post 5079 Hall (3202 S. May). Admission is $25.
- Fizz's Oktoberfest celebrations begin this evening with the traditional German Elvis impersonator Rick Saucedo.
- Congratulations to Swirl Wine Bar for one year in business. They'll be celebrating tomorrow with a free party from 9-10:30 p.m.
- The Signature Room at the 95th is the setting for a $120-per-person dinner this evening to benefit Taste America, from 6-10 p.m. Among the guest chefs joining Patrick Sheerin in preparing the five-course dinner are Charlie Trotter, North Pond's Bruce Sherman, Blackbird's Mike Sheerin, Le Lan's Bill Kim, and Alex Cheswick of May Street Market.
- Just Grapes' fall wine tasting on Wednesday will be hosted by Alpana Singh. She'll be pouring some of her favorite fall selections, discussing her view of the wine world, and signing copies of her book, Alpana Pours. Cost is $50 and includes a copy of the book.
Image via Sharks Page.