Monday Missed Connections: The Music Edition
By Sarah Dahnke in Arts & Entertainment on Oct 1, 2007 8:30PM
Ah, Monday. Time to reflect on the weekend that was ... and what better way to reminisce than to scour Craigslist Missed Connections?
We're trying out a new weekly feature here at Chicagoist called "Monday Missed Connections," where we dig through the postings from all those lonely hearts out there and highlight the most deserving, interesting, funny or fantastic MCs. This week we're going to keep it music-centric, and we've searched for the weekend's concerts, poor saps posting song lyrics, popular local music venues, etc. Our favorites:
- Remember what we said about the Conor Oberst wannabes at The Good Life show? A nondescript bike girl with pigtails wants to meet ALL OF YOU.
- What's worse than a guy stalking you while you buy undies at Target? Him trying to woo you with the lyrics to "Sweet Child 'O Mine."
- The two girls responsible for this incident had us at "HEY THERE SOMETAN FINE SUGARY CUTE WHITE BOY." Good luck, dude. We hope you find 'em.
- We're always a little creeped out when someone actually posts their photo in their listing. This is no exception. Also, the most desire-inducing photo of you involves what appears to be a Shrek stuffed animal? C'mon, dude.
- Thank you for this listing, proving that people over the age of 15 DO listen to Mandy Moore.
Stay tuned next week for a whole new roundup of people making half-assed efforts to find love on the Internet.
Find a stellar Missed Connection ad? Send it to email@example.com.