The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Oct 26, 2007 1:24PM
Some things to do this weekend, and into next, as an excuse to dress in costume.
- Rare and fine wine auction house Hart Davis Hart is holding an auction of private collections from both coasts today from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. at Tru. The auction is free to attend, but anyone taking the time to head to Tru and not eat is an idiot, quite frankly. Lunch today at Tru is fixed-priced at $75.
- West Lakeview Liquors beer tasting this evening features Great Lakes Nosferatu, a former "BotW' designee.The tasting starts at 6 p.m.
- West Lakeview Liquors is also tasting out 360 Vodka, which bills itself as the "first eco-friendly spirit", from 6-9 p.m. tomorrow.
- Weather Mark Tavern is hosting a Halloween party tomorrow from 10 p.m. - 2 a.m. Participants all-inclusive draft beer, house wine, and well liquor, plus all the "sweets, cookies and popcorn 'cannonballs'" they can handle. This hangover-in-the-making costs $50.
- For the Day of the Dead, Adobo Grill Wicker Park is having a sugar skull workshop Sunday from 1-6 p.m. featuring artist Miguel Angel Quintana. Personalized skulls will be available for purchase.
- Juicy Wine Co. is having a "Tasting of Terror" Tuesday from 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. $35 gets you in, but the true terror doesn't happen until the after party, with a DJ set from Kill Hannah frontman Mat Devine.
- Lush Wine & Spirits Roscoe Village location is hosting a vertical tasting of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Goose Island brewmaster Greg Hall will be on hand to sample out the 2005, 2006, and 2007 editions of his barrel-aged stout.
Image from "The Bride of Frankenstein", via "Frankenstein: The Legacy Collection" on DVD.