Halloween Hits Tonight
By Tim State in Arts & Entertainment on Oct 27, 2007 7:11PM
Dust those cobwebs off your costumes, folks. It’s the Saturday before a hump-day Halloween, so that means tonight is the night to let it all hang out. That is, if your costume is of that genre. Otherwise, check out these Halloween haunts:
- The Six Corners Monster Movie Festival in Portage Park features seven classic horror movies both today and tomorrow. Tonight: Nightmare on Elm Street at 8 p.m.
- Internet gossip columnist Perez Hilton hosts his own bash in West Town. No cover with RSVP to the Perez Hilton Halloween Bash.
- Don’t have a date? Check out the Singles Halloween Party in Old Town at Orso’s. Arrive in costume for a reduced admission.
- The 12th Fright Ball, Cigars and Stripes, features an Alice Cooper tribute band, a magician, a comedian, and an appearance by Happy the Human Pin Cushion. Folks, we’re not making this up.
- Not really a Halloween event, but a festively costumed freak show non-the-less, the Rocky Horror Picture Show is playing as the Midnight Movie at the Music Box Theatre.
- If you find the giant purple dinosaur Barney scary, he’ll be dishing out the love at Toys ‘R’ Us in Joliet on Sunday from noon to 3 p.m.
- Also on Sunday is Sam and Willy’s 5th Annual Pet Parade on the Boulevard Park at Henderson and Paulina. Registration starts at noon with the parade at 12:30 p.m. Prizes for Funniest, Scariest, Most Creative, and Best Overall costumes. For the pets.
Pumpkin photo by Major Clanger.