The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Nov 2, 2007 3:17PM
- The November 10 dinner at Bonsoiree sponsored by the International Wine and Food Society's Northern Illinois Chapter we listed a few weeks back is now sold out.
- Shaw's Crab House will be serving Nantucket Cape Scallops beginning this month. The highly regarded scallops are only available for a limited time.
- Cyrano's Bistrot has just added a early bird/pre-theatre fixed price special for autumn. enjoy an appetizer and entree or entree and dessert for only $20. Orders for this special must be placed before 6:30 p.m.
- Check out Viand's new cocktails for autumn.
- Monday's installment of one sixtyblue's monthly
Monday Night Flights" series French and Spanish selections from Heritage Wine Cellars. It's split into three thirty-minute sessions (at 6, 7, and 8 p.m.) and only costs $25 per person.
- Pinot Days doesn't officially begin until next Friday at Navy Pier, but there's a kick-off event scheduled for next Thursday at Sam's Wine & Spirits. Ten dollars lets you sample from 20 specially selected pinots, paired with artisanal cheeses and breads. The kickoff runs from 5-7 p.m.