The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Nov 9, 2007 3:30PM
We mentioned last week that Pinot Days hits Navy Pier this weekend. There are some auxiliary events in conjunction with the grand festival, running from 1 - 4 p.m. tomorrow.
- 312 Chicago is hosting a winemakers dinner this evening from 7 - 11 p.m. The $120 price tag allows diners access to sample 18 different award winning pinots, including a four-course meal (each course paired with two different pinots) and the chance to ask burning questions of winemakers attending the event.
- Additionally, Sam's Wine and Spirits Highland Park location is having a free pinot tasting from 4:30 - 8 p.m. this evening.
- Pastoral's new Loop location formally celebrates its grand opening this weekend with an olive oil seminar tomorrow from 1 - 4 p.m., and samples of food from Spain's Andalucia region Sunday from 1 - 4 p.m. Both events are free.
- Windy City Sake owner Larry Mechanic will host a sake tasting from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m. tomorrow at Tsuki. Cost is $10 in advance, $15 at the door. For reservations, call 773-883-8722
- Enoteca Roma is the setting for CRUSHPAD, a tasting of select barrel wine samples. The event runs from 1 - 4 p.m. Sunday. Reservations may be made here.
- Custom House is hosting a $95, three-course dinner with special guest Guy Davis of Davis Family Vineyards. The event begins 6 p.m. Sunday
- Geja's Café will have a "Secrets of Great Fondue" dinner Monday from 6 - 9 p.m. Cost is $50 per person.
- Joey's Brickhouse is having a six-course paired "wino" dinner Wednesday from 7 - 10:30 p.m. Cost is $70 and reservations are strongly recommended; call 773-296-1300 to RSVP.
- Provenance's new Lincoln Square location is in full swing. Drop by Wednesday to taste some Unibroue selections.
- The Singleton of Glendullan is the latest single malt scotch to reach Stateside, and it is amazing. Duke of Perth is having a tasting of Glendullan Thursday, along with complimentary fish and chips samples, from 7 - 10 p.m.