The Friday Buffet
- This week's listings kick off this evening at Merchandise Mart with "Chill: an International Wine & Culinary Event" sponsored by Luxehome and Wine Spectator. Proceeds from the event benefit the Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago. The event runs from 5 - 8 p.m.
- Chicago Professionals for Youth is committed to improving the lives of local underprivileged youth through literacy and mentoring programs, college preparation, job training and career skills assistance. Saturday they're hosting a college application review session, followed by a full Thanksgiving dinner for more than thirty students and mentors. It all begins at the Jobs for Youth office at 17 N. State St. tomorrow at 9:30 a.m.
- Volo Restaurant Wine Bar is having a pre-holiday wine tasting tomorrow from 2:30 - 5:30 a.m. Cost is $20 per person.
- It's Beaujolais Nouveau time again, and there are plenty of events throughout the city to celebrate the occasion, starting with a pairing event at Provenance Food and Wine's Bucktown location Monday night. The event runs from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. and the cost is $30.
- Park Grill's monthly 3rd Wednesday wine tasting is also focused on Beaujolais Nouveau. At an all-inclusive $35 per person, it's also a steal, though not on a par with Park Grill's sweet lease terms. The event runs from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Goose Island brewmaster Greg Hall will be at West Lakeview Liquors Wednesday night for a free tasting an discussion.