The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Arts & Entertainment on Nov 23, 2007 5:10PM
Or, in honor of the start of holiday shopping season, we should probably christen this week's installment the "Black Friday Buffet". Anyway, let's get to it.
- West Lakeview Liquors weekly tastings will focus on Christmas ales (tonight) and whiskies (tomorrow).
- The French Wine Society is sponsoring a wine and cheese tasting at Taste Food & Wine in Rogers Park from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Cost is $30 for Wine Society members; $35 all others
- ChicaGourmets and Big Red Oven are co-sponsoring a Southern food-focused dinner and book signing with special guest Crescent Dragonwagon (The Cornbread Gospels) at Cambrium Furniture and Kitchens. The event begins at 6:30, and the cost is $52.
- Randolph Wine Cellars will host a champagne tasting Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. The $50 cost includes passed hors d'oeuvres.
- Or save fifteen dollars and head to Wine Discount Center on Elston for their champagne tasting Thursday night, from 7:30 - 9 p.m.
- Hone your cocktail-making skills with a "Mistletoe Mixology" seminar Thursday at the Four Seasons Hotel
- Finally, Quince in Evanston is the setting Thursday for an $85, six-course dinner, each course paired with a different South American wine. The event runs from 7-10 p.m.