The Friday Buffet
- Every last Friday of the month, the bartenders and servers at Kuma's Corner donate their night's tips to a worthy cause. Tonight, it's all going to Windy City Roller Tahira "Tequila Mockingbird" Johnson, who's still recovering from her injury over the summer. If you find yourself gorging on the "Hatebeak" or "Goblin Cock" this evening, please tip better than you usually do.
- Just in time for Hanukkah, local food writer Leah Zeldes will give a lecture on the history of the latke at Kendall College, tomorrow at 10 a.m. The lecture is sponsored by the Culinary Historians of Chicago.
- Pops for Champagne is having a holiday candlelight concert Sunday with special guest the Joe Hurt Quintet. There are two seatings (at 4 and 7 p.m.), and the cost is $20.
- Want to learn how to make truffles? Sara Voden of Vella Café will teach you in a $45-per-person class at Provenance Food & Wine in Logan Square Sunday from 6-8 p.m. Bring an apron; it'll get messy.
- The House of Glunz is hosting a scotch tasting and class Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. Cost is $25.
- Head to Treasure Island on Clybourn Tuesday night from 7-9 p.m. for a holiday wine and hors d'oeuvres party. Cost is $20.
- Just Grapes is having their 3rd annual holiday extravaganza, featuring select wines and food pairings along with complimentary massages and manicures for you ladies looking to make your cuticles sparkle this season. Cost is $50 for Just Grapes savvy sipper club members, $60 for everyone else, and it runs from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Sushi Samba Rio is kicking off a weekly rooftop party series Wednesday at 9 p.m. until closing time.
- The Young Professionals Group of the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America's Illinois Chapter is sponsoring a holiday cooking class at Kendall College Thursday from 7-9 p.m. Kendall staffers and Chefs John Abels and Renee Zonka will offer holiday cooking ideas and healthy cooking tips for attendees. Cost is $20, proceeds benefit the CCFA.