It Pays to Plan Ahead, Part 2
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Dec 11, 2007 3:30PM
Today we continue our series of letting you know about the New Year's Eve packages being offered by local restaurants so that you have enough information to make a decision and not wait until the last minute to grab a table. In case you missed yesterday's installment, we've linked to it here for your review.
- Vegetarians rejoice! Green Zebra will offer an all vegetarian, 5 course tasting menu priced at $75 per person, with an optional wine tasting for the evening priced at $45 per person. They'll have two seatings that evening at 6-6:30 p.m., and 9-9:30 p.m. Reservations are required with a credit card, please phone 312-243-7100.
- Spring has two seatings. The first, from 6-7pm (with reservation slots taken on the quarter hour), will be a 4 course, limited choice menu offered at a cost of $80 per person with a $45 wine pairing. The later seating, at 9pm to 10pm with tables available on the quarter hour, is a 5 course limited choice selection and will include a champagne toast with Henriot Champagne. The cost is $120 per person with a $55 wine pairing. PArty favors will also be handed out. The Spring bar will offer open seating and an a la carte menu. RSVP (with a credit card ) at 773-395-7100.
- Custom House will have a four-course, limited choice menu from 5:30-7 p.m. (at $75) and 8:30-10 p.m. (at $110). Custom House's bar is open seating with an a la carte menu. They'll also have live music from Rachael Carlson from 9 p.m. - 1 a.m. Call 312-523-0200 for reservations.
- Nothing fancy at Sepia for New Year's Eve. They'll be open for regular dinner service and offering an a la carte menu plus seasonal specials. RSVP at 312-441-1920.
- Osteria via Stato: open seating until 11p, featuring the three-course Italian Dinner Party ($35.95 per person) plus seasonal specials.
- Pizzeria via Stato: No reservations needed, open seating until midnight.
- Viand, in addition to a three-course, all-lamb dinner special priced at $80 per couple, is offering a "kid's New Year's Eve" from 3-6 p.m. featuring a chocolate fountain, chef's demonstrations, and interactive games. The cost for that is $35 for adults, $10 for kids. RSVP at 312-225-8505.