It Pays to Plan Ahead, Part 3
By Chuck Sudo in Arts & Entertainment on Dec 18, 2007 4:30PM
Moving forward in our quest to give you readers some options for going out on New Year's Eve so you aren't procrastinating.
- Fat Cat: The theme of the evening is a "Roaring 20's anti-Prohibition" party. Guests are encouraged to dress in zoot suits, feather boas, and flapper dresses. The $75 cover ($100 on NYE) includes top-shelf liquor, a champagne fountain, hors d'ouevres, fondue stations, and 1000 balloons (emphasis Fat Cat's). RSVP at 773-506-3100.
- Bin 36: A four-course, fixed-price dinner that includes pastry chef Matt Kelley's chocolate and dessert bar. DJs start spinning tunes at 9 p.m., with a champagne toast at midnight. If you just want the chocolate and dessert bar, that's $50. RSVP to 312-755-9463.
- A Mano: Buffet-style dinner for $100 with various hot and cold food stations. A DJ and dancing begin at 9 p.m. with a midnight champagne toast. RSVP at 312-629-3500.
- Plan B Bar and Kitchen: From 8:30 p.m. - 2 a.m. they'll have a full premium open bar, light hors d’oeuvres, party favors, and noisemakers, adding a complimentary premium champagne toast at midnight. Local DJs will spin a perfect blend of rock, vintage hip-hop, old school and '80s classics all night long. $120 per person. RSVP at 773-252-2680 or email@example.com.
- Adobo Grill: Old Town — a four-course, $95 dinner includes unlimited premium margaritas, beer, wine, party favors, tequila toast at midnight, and mariachis playing from 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. RSVP 312-266-7999. Wicker Park — same offer, except for a DJ instead of a mariachi band, and the dinner costs $89. RSVP to 773-252-9990.
- La Villa: Cocktail hour and passed hors d'oeuvres from 7-8 p.m. Open bar from 8 p.m. through 1 a.m. A three-course dinner with party favors, music, and a champagne toast — and then a continental breakfast at 1:30 a.m. It's $80 per person, with half due at time of reservation. RSVP to 773-283-7980.