Elsewhere In the Ist-averse
- SFist saw Christmas Day turn tragic after a Siberian tiger escaped from her pen at the San Francisco Zoo, killing a visitor and mauling two others.
- Phillyist counted down the top ten items on Philadelphia's New Year's wish list.
- Gothamist looked at the wooden bikes being offered for NYC's first bike share program on Governors Island.
- LAist received a Christmas present in the form of a drunk Santa Claus in a g-string.
- Bostonist launched Veggieist, a brand-new weekly column that is already whetting the appetites of vegans.
- Torontoist is ending the year by naming its heroes and villains of 2007––the people, places, and things that they've either fallen head over heels in love with or developed uncontrollable rage towards over the past twelve months.
- Shanghaiist saw their city turn into a Christmas wonderland.
- Chicagoist will never tire of watching a local news anchor's hilarious reaction to a car crashing into the studio. No one was hurt, so it's OK to laugh.
- Austinist interviewed the intimidating but always brilliant Joe Rogan, chatting about News Radio, Fear Factor, Dane Cook, and more.
- Seattlest mourned the loss of iconic jazz pianist Oscar Peterson.
- Londonist cheered after hearing news that London, it seems, is the capital of the world. (Sorry, NYC.)
- Houstonist tells an interesting tale about Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher getting trapped in the powder room at a Houston Hotel.
Image credit: Flickr user Steve Rhodes.