The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Feb 8, 2008 6:00PM
We're going to be doing a special Valentine's Day version of the Buffet next week. Until then, here are some events to tie you over.
- Big City Swing is hosting a wine and chocolate tasting from 10:30 p.m. through 3 a.m. Cost is $15.
- The Alliance Francaise de Chicago is hosting a cooking class tomorrow open to kids between 7 to 10 year old accompanied by a family member. Expose your child to French culture and language thanks to traditional French recipes and bring home what you cook, to boot. Cost is $45 for parents, $30 for one child, $55 for siblings.
- Pimping Unibroue again. This time, it's a chocolate and beer seminar from 5-7 p.m. at Hopleaf on Sunday. Reservations are required, cost is $25.
- Right Gin makes its Chicago debut Monday night with two events: a cocktail reception at The Right Loft from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. (213 W. Institute Place) and an afterparty at Enclave (220 W. Chicago Ave.) from 9 p.m. - 2 a.m. RSVP here and here if you want to attend.
- Cooking Fools has a free wine tasting Tuesday night from 6-8 p.m. They'll be tasting out Vino Chocalan Rose from Chile and Mont Marcal Cava Brut Rose from Spain. It's a free event, and you'll need to RSVP.