Your Valentine Buffet - Part 1
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Feb 12, 2008 3:00PM
A gift from Cupid's Treasures may be nice once in a while, but food is a time-tested aphrodisiac. Restaurants throughout the city are gearing up for one of their busiest days Thursday. Here is a list of price fixe dinners guaranteed to mae a romantic out of even the most callous individuals.
- Shawn McClain at Spring has crafted a four-course menu featuring the highest quality seasonal ingredients for $80. $40 extra will get you wine pairings. RSVP at 773-395-7100; dinner hours are 5:30 - 10 p.m.
- For the vegetarians among us, Green Zebra has a four-course menu planned at $55 per person from 5 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Reservations can be made by dialing 312-243-7100
- Custom House's four-course menu runs from 5-10 p.m. and costs $80 per person. RSVP at 312-523-0200.
- Erick Simmons and Amy Sampson at mk have created a six-course dinner with theme "enduring Pleasure" for $85 per person. Wine and cocktail pairings will cost $29 more. The dinner service runs from 5:30 p.m. - 10 p.m. RSVP to 312-482-9179.
- Viet Bistro and Lounge (1346 W. Devon, 773-465-5720) will be rocking with a four-course dinner where you choose the menu items for $35 per person. Wine pairings are an additional $14. The dinner includes sommelier Rashed Islam's signature ginger fizz martini as an amuse bouche. Dinner runs from 5-10 p.m.
- Va Pensiero in Evanston has a four-course dinner at $85 per person . RSVP to 847-475-7779.
- Chalkboard's fixed price Valentine's offering may be sold out, due to the intimate setting of the dining room (plain speak: it's small). So call 773-477-4177 first to see if there's still space.
- Cyrano's Bistrot has a planned five-course dinner for $69 ($99 with wine pairings) plus the sounds of violinist Jovan Mihailovic. RSVP to 312-467-0546.
- Sushisamba Rio will have a special four-course sharing meal for $110 per person from 5:30 p.m. - midnight.
- Café Matou will actually be celebrating the evening with a four-course dinner dedicated to St. Valentine. Cost is $54 per person.
- Adobo Grill Old Town and Wicker Park has a planned Dia de San Valentin menu, including a $58 parrillada de corazön.
- Marigold has a three course Kama Sutra menu, including a complimentary dessert, for $35. Dinner will be served from 5:30 - 10 p.m.