The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Feb 15, 2008 6:06PM
- Handlebar, everyone's favorite bicycle bar turns five tomorrow. The highlight, for us, is the serving of
Bell's Kalamazoo porter. They're also offering free appetizers, half-off all drinks, and Mucca Pazza will do their best to blow out the windows. Festivities run from 10 p.m. - 3 a.m.
- For you guys who only bought your valentine doghouse roses, the James Hotel and Local wine Events Chicago have paired up to offer a $229, all inclusive wine dinner and spa package. Go get yourselves some major style points, boys!
- As if Valentine's Day hasn't been stretched too far already, Randolph Wine Cellars "Third Tuesday" tasting this month will focus on "love wines." The tasting runs from 6-8 p.m. and cost is $30 per person.
- Dogfish Head owner/brewer Sam Caglione and local cheese expert Dave Phillips join forces to bring a beer and cheese tasting at Sheffield's Tuesday night from 7-9 p.m. Cost is $25.
- Vinci on Halsted is having a wine dinner Wednesday featuring selections from Umani Rochi and food from Marche. The dinner runs from 7-9 p.m. and the cost is $45.