Get Toasted on the Mag Mile
By Ali Trachta in Food on Feb 22, 2008 7:30PM
The Greater North Michigan Avenue Association wants us all to “Feel Magnificent,” and this month apparently that means knocking back the bubbly. Throughout February, businesses on the Magnificent Mile and its surrounding area have been serving champagne to diners and shoppers all along the Avenue, which means we have T minus 7 days to score some free (or reduced) sparkling goodness. The Mag Mile web site can fill you in on everywhere that’s filling flutes, but here are our suggestions on where to stop along your own personal “Champagne Crawl.”
- The Redhead Piano Bar – 16 W. Ontario “Champagne is an Every Day Celebration” Discounted Moët & Chandon bottles every night this month, plus a 10% discount on all champagne bottles during Leap Day.
- NoMi – Park Hyatt Chicago, 800 N. Michigan “Pops at the Park” Half off champagne by the bottle or glass (including Dom Pérignon) this Monday, Feb. 25
- The Hard Rock Hotel Chicago – 230 N. Michigan “Cheers to an Architectural Legend” Moët & Chandon flights in “The Sipping Room” offered every day.
- Swissôtel Chicago – 323 E. Wacker “Toast With Class” Executive Chef John Seagro will present a champagne and cuisine pairing on February 29th at 5:00 p.m.
- Neiman Marcus – 737 N. Michigan Take a break from shopping and enjoy a glass of Dom Pérignon and a slice of Zodiac flourless chocolate cake. Monday – Saturday, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. $50.
- Anne Fontaine – 909 N. Michigan Sip on a free glass of Moët & Chandon while shopping for clothing, accessories and fragrance this Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.