The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Feb 22, 2008 3:30PM
- Let's start things off right this weekend with a grappa tasting this evening from 6-7:30 p.m. at Taste Food and Wine in Rogers Park, shall we? Yes, we shall.
- As we mentioned a few weeks ago, the Chicago Convention and Tourism Bureau's first restaurant week, Eat It Up, begins this evening. Through next Friday, participating restaurants three-course price fixe lunches for $21.95 and dinners for $31.95.
- Congratulations to Provenance Food and Wine, which celebrates its third birthday with a big ass cake and food samples at its Logan Square location from 3-6 p.m. tomorrow.
- If you want to find us looking for some future "BotW" selections, then join us Saturday at Delilah's between noon and 6 p.m. as we get our strong ale workout for the weekend at their annual vintage strong ale fest. Cost is $20.
- More goodness from Taste Food and Wine. Saturday they're offering free BYOB dinner tasting. BYOB Chicago author Jean Iverson will be on hand to sign copies of her book. additionally, Taste will be pairing its wines with food from the wonderful Taste of Peru on Clark Street and Indo-Pakistani bakery Luzzat. The event runs from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Volo Restaurant Wine Bar is having a French Wine dinner from 7-10 p.m. Tuesday, featuring hand-picked selections from throughout the country. the five-course dinner is priced at $65.
- Broadway Cellars Neighborhood Bistro in Edgewater is having a five-course Tuscan dinner paired with wines from Antinori vineyards in Italy. Cost is $60 per person and the dinner runs from 7-9:30 p.m.