The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Feb 29, 2008 3:15PM
- Taste Food and Wine is fast becoming one of our favorite specialty shops. A large reason for this is their tastings. This evening they'll be hosting a free wine tasting from 6-7:30 p.m. featuring Bordeaux selections from Château Lestrille.
- Louisa Chu of Movable Feast and Diary of a Foodie fame will be speaking at Kendall College tomorrow about what it's like behind the scenes of food television. Should be promising. Presented by the Chicago Foodways Roundtable, the cost is $3 and the lecture begins at 10 a.m. (free to Kendall faculty and students).
- Exposure Tapas and Supper Club in the South Loop is having a wine dinner Monday from 6-10 p.m. The six-course dinner will feature pairings from the Toasted Head winery; none of the varietals are younger than 2005 vintage. Cost is $75.
- Saloon Steakhouse on East Chestnut is hosting a five-course, environmentally friendly dinner Tuesday night from 7-10 p.m. with pairings of biodynamic wines from Grgich Hills Winery. Cost is $85.
- Treasure Island on Clybourn will be hosting a wine and cheese pairing seminar Wednesday from 7-9 p.m. featuring eight selections from Dogfish Head Brewery. Cost is $20.
- Finally, head over to South Loop Wine Cellar Thursday night from 6-8 p.m. where they'll be tasting out French selections for free.