The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Apr 25, 2008 3:32PM
- The photography of international wine consultant Anna Pakula is currently on display at the Merchandise Mart as part of “The Artist Project.” Her work reflects the true essence of the art of winemaking and the finished wine by not only through capturing the faces, labor and passion of those who tend the vines, harvest the grapes and work the cellar, but also depicting the forces of nature at play in determining the direction of the wine. Pakula's work will be on display today through Monday on the 8th floor of the Mart, booth 3056.
- Don't forget that Half Acre Beer Company's Gabe Magliaro will be walking a case of Half Acre lager from Monroe Harbor to the Heartland Café, his northernmost client, to benefit First Slice tomorrow. the "Half Acre Hike" begins at 4 p.m.
- Much as we love what Magliaro's doing, it's also DarkLord Day at Three Floyd's Brewery in Munster, Indiana, from 11 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. The folks at Three Floyds have promised improved accommodations for this annual event.
- It's a Charlie Trotter's alumni reunion Sunday at Kendall College as Graham Elliot Bowles, Mindy Segal of Hot Chocolate, Bill Kim of Le Lan, and Guiseppe Tentori and Elizabeth Dahl of Boka partner up for a six-course dinner to benefit Common Threads. Dinner starts at 6 p.m. and it costs $125.
- Paramount Room welcomes Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery as the guest of honor for a five-course dinner MOnday from 7-10 p.m. Cost is $60 per person.
- The ultra huge event of the next seven days is Wine Enthusiast's "Toast of the Town" event Thursday from 7-10 p.m. at the Field Museum. Over 70 domestic and international wine producers and the culinary creations and signature dishes from 30 top area restaurants accompanied by live jazz. the cost is $95 per person. A VIP event that starts at 5 p.m. runs at a princely $185 per person.