The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on May 9, 2008 2:34PM
- Those of you heading to Millennium Park this evening to see Don Giovanni might want to head to the Artisan Cellar at Merchandise Mart from 4-6 p.m. this afternoon for a free tasting of Andre Clouet Champagne, which the Artisan Cellar touts as their most popular sparkling selection in recent memory. a member of the Clouet family will be on hand to discuss the champagne.
- Saturday at Provenance Food and Wine's Logan Square location, author Susan Blumberg-Kason (All the Tea in Chicago) will be on hand to sign copies of her book. A representative of Rishi Tea will be on hand offering samples of their iced tea blends. The free event runs from noon-3 p.m.
- Tuesday at NoMI from 5:30-7:30 p.m., advanced sommelier Fernando Beteta will guide guests through a tasting of different wines or spirits of a particular varietal or region made by women winemakers as part of their "Cellar Notes" series. The cost is $30.
- The Alliance Francais is sponsoring a cooking demonstration Wednesday from 6-9 p.m. The demonstration will be conducted by chefs from Paris's esteemed Ritz Escoffier School. The cost is $75 ($60 for Alliance members).
- Sheffield's is hosting a craft beer social Thursday starting at 7 p.m. The $25 per person event grants you samples of rare specialty selections from Goose Island, Two Brothers, Three Floyds, Great Lakes Brewing, New Holland, Lagunitas, Dark Horse, and Sierra Nevada. Representatives from each brewery will also be on hand to discuss the selections.