45 Chicago People, Places and Ideas That Get Us Going
By Margaret Lyons in Miscellaneous on May 21, 2008 5:36PM
May is National Masturbation Month, so in honor of what we like to think of as our real national pastime (plenty of people find baseball boring), we've compiled a list of things about Chicago that turn us, and the friends we polled, on.
You know, for when you need to take a drive down Wacker...
- Sitting at bar in the back room at Lula, where you can see the group of smokin' hot chefs stand shoulder to shoulder and cook delicious food.
- The Ladies of the Brown and Blue Lines
- Spring cleavage
- The Windy City Rollers
- Shirtless boys in the park
- Watching a storm roll in or out over the lake
- The baristas of Intelligentsia
- People-watching at the MCA
- Girls eating candy at The Burlington
- Sunbathers at the Addison totem pole
- The footlong dog at Murphy's
- The milfs, realtors and pharmaceutical reps at the LP Panera at lunchtime - more hot blondes in suits than an episode of CSI: Miami
- Girls playing beach volleyball in bikinis at North Ave. Beach
- Art Fairs
- Watching girls butts on either the L or the bus. Or on the street.
- The 151 bus
- The name "Amy St Eve"
- Seeing Manny Flores on the El
- Full color arm sleeve tattoos! Yowza!
- The supersexy waiters all over Southport that develop little beads of sweat on their foreheads as they're hustling between the inside and the outdoor patios they're serving
- Sweaty girls in bands playing on low stages or the floor
- Baseball players' butts. More specifically, baseball pitchers'.
- Reading the X matches in the reader classifieds
- The men in various choruses around town. They sing well, they wear tuxedos, they perform in churches.
- Typing "Daddy" into the erotic services search on Chicago Craigslist
- Seeing someone having sex in an apartment as I ride past on the El
- Brunettes named Brandi that wear Mark Buehrle jerseys and pink White Sox hats
- The Art Institute kids whenever there's a film lecture screening at the Siskel
- Drinking at the Green Mill
- The Cultural Center
- Charleston Pub
- Violet Hour
- The Hideout
- Ten Cat
- The Smurfit-Stone Building
- Powell's Bookstore
- The Music Box
- Spice House
- The dinosaur gallery at the Field
- The Seminary Co-op
- Bobtail soda fountain
- Chicago flag tattoos
Photo via Mike Mertz