By Chuck Sudo in Food on May 29, 2008 2:00PM
- Leading off today is this hiring video put together for Lettuce Entertain You property Hub 51 Restaurant and Lounge, an exaggerated parody of Tom Vu infomercials. (via)
- Fresh off his appearance on last night's episode of Top Chef Chicago, Rick Tramonto has a blog over at Restaurant & Institutions magazine website. There are only two posts right now, but Tramonto's an in-demand chef and businessman, so only expect him to update when he has the time and/or something to write about. (Again, via).
- The Tribune ran a wonderful piece yesterday on how some of Our Town's best chefs would reinvent that all-American staple, the hot dog. Check out Shawn McClain's tofu version with kimchi and sport peppers, Rick Bayless' Chi-Mex hot dog, or Charlie Trotter's Asian tuna dog.
- Meanwhile, the Bright One was all about barbeque. Travel writer Lori Rackl wrote about a BBQ contest in Houston. Sandy Thorn Clark led off the food section with a great piece about women grillers. And some hack contributed a trend piece about how places like Smoque, Honky Tonk and Sheffield's are bridging the good BBQ gap between the North, South and West sides.
- Not to be outdone, Menupages Chicago posted a list of BBQ and the parks in which to eat it. (via)