The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Jun 13, 2008 2:00PM
- White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen will be at the Binny's South Loop superstore (1132 S. Jefferson) from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. today for a meet-and-greet. Cost is $10 per person and the proceeds from the event will go to support the University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital. We're pretty sure that Guillen will swear at you for free if you offer unsolicited advice on tweaking the White Sox lineup.
- Saturday morning at Kendall College (900 N. North Branch), LTHForum founding member Robert "VItal Information" Gardner will give a lecture on the localvore movement. "Be a Localvore, Put More Food On Your Table" will focus on what to look for at farmers markets and beyond into the dark days of winter. the 10 a.m. lecture costs $2.
- Father's Day at Café Matou (1846 N. Milwaukee) will feature a two-entrée grill menu for $24 from 5-9 p.m.
- Marigold (4832 N. Broadway) has a mixed grill thali special for Father's Day for $25.95
- Father's Day at Va Pensiero (1566 Oak Avenue, Evanston) will consist of a five-course Tuscan barbeque paired with four wines. Cost is $50.
- Father's dining at Sola (3868 N. Lincoln) on their special day will not only leave well fed, they'll take home a golf ball with the restaurant's logo printed on it.
- Father's dining at Viet Bistro (1346 W. Devon) on Father's Day will be treated to a complimentary martini and dessert.