The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Jun 20, 2008 3:00PM
- Taste of Randolph Street begins this evening and runs through Sunday. This is a great way to sample some of the wares of the restaurants that make the Randolph Street District one of the best in the city without having to dress up. Seeing the one-two punch of Drive-By truckers and Bobby Bare, Jr. Saturday isn't bad, either.
- Pizza Fest Chicago 2008 takes place tomorrow and Sunday at the intersection of Fullerton and Racine in Lincoln Park from noon-10 p.m. The U.S. Pizza Team will be on hand. There will also be pizza eating contests, dough-tossing contests and other entertainment
- This will be our final Tour de Fat reminder for the week. Tomorrow, head out to Palmer Square Park at Kedzie and Palmer to partake of a lot of New Belgium Brewing selections, a bike parade, Mucca Pazza, and watch Joe M500 trade in his Jeep for a bicycle and pledge to live car-free for 12 months.
- Taste Food and Wine (1506 W. Jarvis, 773-761-3663) is hosting a free tasting of Korean wines tomorrow from 6-7:30 p.m.
- Wildfire Chicago (159 W. Erie) is hosting a dinner Tuesday featuring rare wines from Domaine Carneros: Avant-Garde Pinot Noir '05 and the Le Reve Blanc de Blancs '02 are normally available solely at the winery. The dinner starts at 6:30 p.m. and costs $125 per person.
- WineStyles Belmont location (1433 W. Belmont, 773-549-2227) asks the question "does the glass make the wine" with a stemware seminar from Bottega del Vino crystal. The seminar runs from 6-9 p.m. and costs $40 per person (435 for WineStyles wine club members).
- WAVE Restaurant in the W Hotel Lakeshore (680 N. Lake Shore Drive, 312- 225-4460) has a wine dinner scheduled for Thursday night from 7-9:30 p.m. featuring selections from Oregon's Elk Cove Winery, located in the stellar Willamette Valley wine region. Cost is $75 per person