By Marcus Gilmer in News on Jul 30, 2008 11:00PM
Nom-tastic photo by chicagodom
- A body was found this afternoon in Lake Michigan, near North Avenue Beach. Police have not released the victim's name nor any information relating to a possible cause of death.
- More on Monday's Logan Square liquid attack: authorities believe the liquid may have contained sulfuric acid. They also possess a surveillance tape they hope will help identify the attackers.
- As if the Sox fan beating wasn't bad enough: three Cubs fans (and Chicago residents) were arrested last night outside Miller Park in Milwaukee for an altercation with a Brewers fan following the Cubs-Brewers game.
- "Hi, I'm Cook County Board President Todd Stroger. You might remember me from such fiascos as 'Cousin, Can You Spare A Dime' and '(Don't Go Back To) Naperville.' Today, I'm here to talk to you about violence."
- Wacky Analogies, McCain Edition: McCain is to President as Barack Obama is to Paris Hilton & Britney Spears.
- Cook County Commissioner and Republican State's Attorney candidate Tony Peraica has received several monetary donations from convicted felons. Convicts and politicians mingling? We're shocked, we tell you. Shocked!
- Mayor Daley is looking to alter the city's current garbage plan to cut costs. The plan involves dividing the city into 15 districts and giving each district its own garbage hauler, determined by bidding.
- Delta is doubling their fee for a second checked piece of luggage from $25 to $50. Which doesn't bother us since we now travel via unicorn.
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban received an endorsement for his Cubs bid from NBA Commissioner David Stern.
- Finally, more evidence that we are total nerds: any time the dinosaur world is rocked by controversy, we are all over it.