The Friday Buffet
By Chuck Sudo in Food on Aug 1, 2008 3:27PM
- Graham Elliot has been on our mind most of the week and it's all about fattened duck liver this weekend at 217 W. Huron with "Foielapalooza." All we know is with a name like that, Chef Bowles better have his famous foie gras lollipops on the menu.
- The Norwood Park Historical Society is hosting a Latin wine tasting event at the Noble-Seymour-Crippen House (5624 N. Newark Ave., 773-631-4633). It's four hours of wine, tapas and live entertainment on the grounds of Chicago's oldest home. The event runs from 5-9 p.m., tickets are $50 for historical society members, $60 for all others.
- Tomorrow at City Farm (corner of Division and Clybourn) it's Urban Farm Field Day. the $5 per person event starts at 10 a.m. and will move to Green City Market at 11 a.m.
- The wonderful folks advocating family dining at Purple Asparagus are hosting their second annual Project Dine Out at Uncommon ground's Edgewater location (1401 W. Devon) from 5-7 p.m. Sunday. It's a local, farm-to-table event using fresh ingredients from nearby farms. Cost is $40 for adults ($10 for an optional drinks package), $20 for children under 13. Brown Paper Tickets is where you can buy yours, if interested.
- Roy's Chicago (720 N. State) is hosting their fourth annual Island Hop Dinner from 6:30 - 11 p.m. Thursday. This tribute to the culinary traditions of the Hawaiian Islands is paired with selections from Oberon wines. Cost is $55, $85 with the wines.
- Bin 36 hosts their third annual "BBQ and Bingo" event Wednesday at 6 p.m. Cost is $50 per person.
Photo Credit: Ian Merritt, www.idmphotography.com