By L. Stolpman in Food on Sep 12, 2008 3:00PM
Got some fun burby-blurbs for you this week along with our usual round-up of goings-on in the cit-tay.
- Now - End of September: Make your way out to Wildfish restaurant in Deerfield and show your drivers license to show you came from the city to receive half price appetizers. 730 Waukegan Rd, Deerfield, IL.
- September 16: Head to Citizen Bar for a wine tasting coupled with small bites. Hope for some sun to take advantage of the patio. 6 - 9 p.m. 364 W. Erie St. $20 for a selection of 2-3 wines with small bite food pairings.
- September 18: Vosges is hosting a Sake and Chocolate tasting. Taste how they pair exotic chocolates with various sakes. Space is limited so call to reserve a spot. 7:30 -9:30 p.m. at 951 W. Armitage. 773-296-9866, $40 per person.
- September 21 - 28: Eat at Va Pensiero in Evanston and enjoy a four course dinner inspired by mushrooms, a portion of the proceeds to be benefit Share Our Strength to raise money during the Great American Dine Out. Call 847-475-7779 for reservations. 1566 Oak Avenue, Evanston. $39, additional $18 for wine pairings.
- September 23 - September 26: Carnivale will host a four day celebration of its third year anniversary. Check out their website for more details. Events include a lesson by Carnivale's mixologist on how to make a great mojito (Time Out Chicago named it the best in the city). 702 W. Fulton Market.
- September 26: Head to Le Titi de Paris in Arlington Heights for their Champagne and Sparkling Wines of France Dinner. Check out the menu here. Call Susan Maddox at 847-506-0222 for your reservation. 7:30 p.m. at 1015 W. Dundee Rd., Arlington Heights. $95.
- September 28 (and November 9): Eat with the apes at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Enjoy a meal in the main hall of Regenstein Center for African Apes while Lincoln Park Zoo’s Curator of Primates Sue Margulis, Ph.D. discusses the lives of the chimpanzees and gorillas before heading to the ape exhibits to observe. Click here for more information and to make your reservations. 9:30 - 11 a.m., $65 for Lincoln Park Zoo members, $75 otherwise.
- October 4: Get on the Soul train. Hop the Metra at 6:30 and get wine and hors d'oeuvres on the way to SOUL restaurant in Claredon Hills. Once there, enjoy a three course meal before catching the Metra back to Union Station. Make your reservations by calling 630-920-1999. $75 per person includes transportation hors d’oeuvres on train, dinner at SOUL and wine selections ($65 without transportation).
Photo by LStolpman