By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 21, 2008 10:15PM
Photo by jlurie
- The 6-year-old boy who was attacked by pitbulls on Friday evening remains hospitalized after undergoing plastic surgery.
- Six people were hurt, four critically, in a West Side car wreck Saturday night. The head-on collision happened just after 11 p.m. at the intersection of North Cicero and West Iowa Street.
- Cook County Commissioner Tony Peraica and Assistant State's Attorney Anita Alvarez participated in a State's Attorney candidate forum for 200 students on Saturday. The forum was part of the Mikva Challenge.
- Six employees at a Round Lake Beach K-Mart Supercenter were hospitalized with an unspecified illness Saturday afternoon. While there's not much more information known, a K-Mart spokesperson said the illnesses were not life-threatening.
- The renovated Chicago Brown Line station officially fully reopened to the public this morning. The station house is now at platform level and the station boasts two brand-spankin' new elevators. The Chicago stop is the 12th of 18 Brown Line stops now renovated; 85 of 144 CTA stops are now handicap accessible.
- It's the Obamas and McCains...in finger-puppet form!