By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 22, 2008 11:00PM
Photo by efroten
- Nine people were injured this afternoon when the No. 63 CTA bus was involved in a wreck with another car near the intersection of 63rd and S. Artesian Ave.
- A teenage girl was sexually assaulted in Seward Park this weekend and police are seeking multiple suspects in connection with the crime.
- Chicago ranks first among the 2016 Summer Olympic Candidate Cities, at least according to the Olympic Bid Power Index in the publication Around the Rings.
- Dr. Kim K. Tee, co-founder and president of the Chinese-American Museum of Chicago is vowing to rebuild the museum which was heavily damaged by fire on Friday.
- More on the American Airlines flight that went off the runway at O'Hare: it had originated from Seattle and was bound for New York City but was diverted due to "an electrical system issue." The pilots were forced to make a "visual landing approach" and the plane blew a tire and ended up on the grass at the end of Runway 22R. There were no injuries reported.
- Indiana still isn't as wacky as Illinois when it comes to politics, but this is pretty ridonkulous: Indiana's time zone issues have become a point of contention in this year's governor's race.
- Roger Ebert tackles Creationism, God, and Noah.
- That's the way the teddy bears have their picnic.