Photo by sictransitgloria
- A West Side school was temporarily evacuated today when the smell of gas was detected in the basement. No one was harmed and the school day eventually resumed.
- Brian McPartlin, head of the Illinois Toll Highway Authority, is resigning his position to become the vice president of McDonough Associates. McDonough has contracts with the Authority, but McPartlin won't deal with any of that for one year.
- A report by the Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute endorses allowing gay couples adopt. Illinois currently allows gay-parent adoptions.
- Speaking of adoptions, Ernie Banks and his wife just adopted a baby. The child's name is Alyna Olivia Banks. If they adopt a boy, may we suggest Shawon Dunston Banks?
- Again with the robbers. A masked robber has struck Schaumburg for the ninth time, taking $200 from a liquor store.
- The extended runway at O'Hare, considered the first phase of the airport's expansion, opened today.
- We know this one has made the rounds before, but in light of recent events, we felt like running it again.
- Is it time to be talking about flu shots already? Crap...
- An action figure even Scott Smith doesn't own.