By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 29, 2008 11:00PM
- After all the huffing and puffing, a group of bar owners with establishments by Wrigley Field agreed to the controversial alcohol cut-off after the seventh inning of series-clinching games.
- In case you somehow missed it, today's bailout failure pushed the Dow to its biggest drop ever. Also, Lynn Sweet has a list of how Illinois' reps voted today. Seven Dems and two Republicans voted yes, four Dems and five Republicans voted no, and Jerry Weller (R), was the only member of the entire house that did not cast a vote.
- Beware taking the Red Line tonight.
- Well, that's one way to raise a few bucks for the CTA: expand the merchandising market. But $17 for a coffee mug?
- For the third time in a week, workers at a Round Lake Beach K-Mart were taken to the hospital "for symptoms that included loss of consciousness." What the hell is going on over there?
- And to think we were siting on our asses watching the Bears game last night: several old Second City alums, including Harold Ramis and Judy Morgan, made a special appearance/ performance at last night's free improv set.
Photo by cooper