By Marcus Gilmer in News on Sep 30, 2008 11:10PM
Photo by jake.merten
- Kevetta Davis, 19, a Walter Payton High grad and student at SIU, was killed in a car wreck when a driver working for VH1's Rock Of Love fell asleep at the wheel and lost control of the car.
- CBS 2 spent some time with anxious Chicago investors after Monday's bailout rejection by Congress.
- A South Side man is in custody for shooting a woman during a robbery attempt. When the woman told the man she had no money, he shot her and stole her cigarette right out of her hand.
- A man has turned himself in to face charges in connection with a 2006 murder. The skeletal remains of the victim were recently uncovered.
- Vegas odds-makers put the Cubs as the favorites to win the World Series at 3 to 1. The odds of the world ending if the Cubs manage to win the Series? Even. As a Cubs fan, I look forward to preparing for the Apocalypse.
- Speaking of the Cubs, Daley made the usual mayoral wager based on the Cubs-Dodgers series. Daley offered, among other things, Vienna Beef hot dogs and C.J. Vitnery chips. Sadly, Governor Blagojevich was not included.
- It's still not too late to order your 2008 Election Day Advent Calendar. Mmmmm: politics, locally made crafts, and chocolate. Hits the Chicagoist trifecta.