By Marcus Gilmer in News on Oct 2, 2008 11:15PM
Photo by johnsadowskiii
- That cab fare increase we mentioned yesterday? Looks like it will happen next year.
- A judge froze $150,000 belonging to Tony Rezko in case he's ordered to forfeit some of his assets stemming from his recent conviction.
- State Senator James Meeks was able to get 1,500 people to participate in his protest outside of Wrigley Field yesterday. Meeks hoped to draw attention to what he calls inequality in school funding.
- More on adventurer and former Chicago trader Steve Fossett: authorities discovered the wreckage of his plane but did not find any human remains. Given the time since his disappearance and the amount of wildlife in the areas, authorities aren't surprised.
- Lake County Chief Judge David Hall will face trial for a DUI charge in spite of the death of the primary arresting officer. A judge ruled that the assisting officer can offer enough testimony for the case.
- Ready yourself for tonight's VP debate with Palin Bingo or adjusting your TV's brightness for Biden's teeth. And, if you're the drinkin' sort, try this handy drinking game. Or even this one.