By Marcus Gilmer in News on Oct 28, 2008 11:00PM
Photo by sfmoe
- William Balfour missed his parole appointment on Friday because, as he told his parole officer, he was "babysitting." The call took place Friday afternoon and the officer claims to have heard a child in the background
- Sigh. More violence. Two Streeterville women engaged in a domestic dispute last night and both wound up stabbed, though neither had life-threatening injuries. Meanwhile, police in Humboldt Park shot and killed a suspect after a chase; two officers were injured in the incident. The man had a gun on his person but it remains to be seen whether or not he had threatened the officers with it.
- The section of the Indiana Toll Road that was closed early this morning due to a multiple-vehicle crash finally reopened late this afternoon.
- Police in Aurora tased a 16-year-old girl yesterday afternoon after she tried to interfere with the arrest of the car's driver, an elderly relative being arrested for attempted obstruction of justice and no valid license. No word on exactly what "interfering" means in Aurora.
- Female joggers have been warned by police to be vigilant after a series of attacks over the last several weeks. More info, including a police sketch, are here.
- Attention Kirk Hinrich fans: your hero has been benched in favor of Thabo Sefalosha . Let the Vinny del Negro Era begin!