By Marcus Gilmer in News on Oct 30, 2008 11:00PM
Photo by BrianHagy
- The Blago probe has another victim: William Cellini, who was indicted by a Federal grand jury today for planning to extort Hollywood producer Thomas Rosenberg for money for the Blago campaign.
- Two people were severely injured in a fire after an explosion at Gigi's Restaurant in Naperville last night.
- Cook County Board President Todd Stroger promises his new spending plan, introduced next month, won't include any new taxes.
- Christine Opp, former assistant Cook County state's attorney, is suing because she claims that she was fired in 2007 because of her age.
- An Evanston police officer shot a man who tried to attack him with a knife this morning. The man was shot in the shoulder and remains hospitalized.
- Mayor Daley has ordered a test run of garbage trucks that use mechanical arms and no laborers, a possible option to save more money for the city budget, which the Laborers Union Local 1001has called a "disaster."
- Another reason for all these O'Hare delays? The Feds say blame congestion at New York City airports. Sounds good to us!