By Prescott Carlson in News on Nov 14, 2008 12:35AM
- Sweet Lou's not the only one to get baseball honors this week. White Sox outfielder Carlos Quentin and Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano were both received Silver Slugger awards today.
- Some more details have been released in the super creepy case of the Evanston woman living with her 3 dead siblings.
- John Kass takes a look at a smarty pants 12-year-old in Oak Park who decided to do a social experiment by wearing a pro-McCain shirt to school one day, and a pro-Obama shirt the next. Guess which shirt went over better.
- Chicago suburbs are courting their own Del Boca Vistas because these senior adults-only housing communities have a very desirable perk -- they pump property tax dollars into the school district without boosting enrollment.
- Local hero award: a 22-year-old man climbed the Sears Tower stairs -- and he did it four times -- to raise money for cancer research. And he did it all while wearing an ugly ass pair of Crocs.
- Sending right wing talk show hosts into a frothing frenzy of, "SEE, WE TOLD YOU SO!" William Ayers wrote in the new afterword to his memoir that he considers himself a "family friend" of President-elect Barack Obama.
- So that's why we got a weird, creepy chill while driving through Rosemont yesterday -- a bunch of clowns were there auditioning for the circus.