By Marcus Gilmer in News on Nov 28, 2008 11:00PM
Infrared Photo of Chicago by josefrancisco.salgado
- Police apparently pulled over the stolen van which contained a missing 7-month-old infant for whom an Amber Alert was issued, but let the driver go when they received a report of shots fired nearby. The infant, and car, remain missing.
- More than 500 residents in Crystal Lake are protesting a new cell phone tower that has gone up in a nearby park calling it, "an eyesore and a health hazard."
- Sad news from Cicero: Regis, the 13-year-old dog who was rescued from a fire that claimed the life of his owner who died trying to save the dog, has passed away.
- Police have charged Kristy Wright with first degree murder and first degree attempted murder for an incident on November 17 in which she ran over and killed her boyfriend's ex-girlfriend and injured a second woman.
- A third area family managed to escape the violence in Mumbai this week.
- The Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington has a unique gift this holiday season: ornaments made of deer poo. Ummmmmmmm, no.
- The five finalists for the "Why Chicago" contest, helping to promote Chicago's 2016 Olympics bid, have been chosen. Check all of them out here and cast your vote for your favorite.