By Marcus Gilmer in News on Dec 6, 2008 12:00AM
Photo by Yan Pritzker
- Workers at the Republic Windows and Doors plant on Goose Island are staging a sit-in to protest Bank of America's cutting of the company's credit and, therefore, forcing the company to shut down.
- Bad news from WBEZ - a budget shortfall has resulted in layoffs of nine percent of its workforce.
- A man in the north burbs has been using a stun gun to rob women of their jewelry.
- That new runway at O'Hare has residents complaining about the noise. But O'Hare is also one of the healthiest airports in the nation. So it has that going for them. Which is nice.
- Speaking of O'Hare, don't hold your breath for Virgin Airlines to move in anytime soon.
- And, finally, a fond farewell to former Cub great Greg Maddux who will be announcing his retirement Monday.